We spend much of our lives making preparation for different things: homes, education, jobs, family, vacations, hobbies, etc. But when was the last time you took inventory of your soul to see if you were really prepared to meet God? The Bible teaches that some day, maybe today, you will have to stand before Him and give an account of your life. Friend, heed the warning of the prophet Amos as he proclaims: "Prepare to meet thy God." - Amos 4:12
1. Realize you are a sinner. . .
- Be honest with yourself and God. Agree with His Word. He already knows everything about you! Romans 3:23 "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God."
2. Recognize your need of salvation . . .
- If you desire to go to heaven when you die, you first must be saved . . . saved the Bible way. Ephesians 2:8-9 "For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works lest any man should boast."
3. Repent of your sin . . .
- Be willing to turn from your sin and from your attempts to save yourself, and turn to Jesus Christ, who is waiting to save you. - Luke 13:3, John 14:6
4. Receive Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior . . .
- He is waiting this very moment to save you if you will open your heart by faith and ask Him to save you from sin. - John 1:12, Revelation 3:20
5. Respond to the Scriptures . . .
- When you receive Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, you should tell others the good news, begin attending a Bible-believing and Bible-practicing church, and follow the Lord’s command to be Scripturally baptized. - Acts 2:41, 42, 47
6. Remember His second coming . . .
- Jesus said He would come again some day, but we do not know when, "Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come." - Matthew 24:42, John 14:1-3
Are you prepared to meet god?
John 14:6 "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."